Friday 24 September 2010

Week 38 Challenge - Hidden Element

Hi there! Claire here to set the challenge this week. I decided to go for a hidden element project, I think that the new cd that Nikky has created 'Sundae of Seasons' is so full of fab goodies that I keep finding more everytime I look. Hope you managed to catch the programme on Create and Craft on Monday!

Thanks for all your lovely easel projects for last week and remember you can still enter the easel challenge until Sunday 12noon. GMT, it's certainly one of my favourite folds and I look forward to seeing what you come up with this week!

Winners this week of the sketch challenge (Week 36) are
First Place: Linda
2. Colette
3 Beverly

Congratulations !- Please e-mail Nikky for further details......

Please bear in mind that we don't include you for prizes if you combine more than 10 challenges!

Enfys: I took the challenge literally, and made a sewing box. It started life as one of those MDF boxes, I painted it in antique white, then started on the fun bits, with papers and elements from the new Seasons CD. Nikky nicked this for Harrogate before I had a chance to fill it with goodies, so you will have to use your imaginations about what's inside ........ if this was real life my sewing box would contain spilt pins and a couple of old holey socks


Kris: I took the easy way out and made a card with a hidden element. I just love the Halloween images on the Sundae Season CD and used the witch and some of the pumpkins along with some black and ivory cardstock and a Martha Stewart deep edge border punch. I perched the witch on the moon and the entire piece pulls out to reveal the sentiment (from last years Halloween download).Brenda - I have come up with this little box which I made on the scoreboard and covered with paper from the Paper Boutique CD and inside bobbing butterflies and flowers. The flower on the top is made from the same paper using three punches and spritzing with Glimmer Mist pearl.

Tracy - I have made a sewing box with a matching card, I have used Sundae Of Seasons for all the elements . This part is from the spring section and I adore these as they lend themselves so well for doing vintage with.





Jenny I've made a card/CD case. There's a hidden pocket on the front of the card for the CD & the ribbon ties to stop it from falling out. I also decorated the CD itself. All the papers came from Sundae of Seasons.


Ruth: I've used one of the templates for my project - the Cupcake Box and have made it to look like a cupcake with chocolate base and pink fondant icing with sparkly bits on the top! I've used parts of two large sheets of card to make the box. And I forgot to put something in it before I sent it to Nikky! But just let your imagination run wild as to what could be inside!

Claire - I decided to make a little itsy bitsy project for a change using that wonderful new cd Sundae of Seasons. Just with the addition of a few velvet brads, ribbon, eyelets and crackle glaze....



Fliss - I decided to make a simple gatefold card as this was a real challenge for me, having no printer, so I had to use leftover pieces from my Sundae of Seasons samples for Nikky. I made a floral wreath for the front which I covered with decorated papers from the CD. On the inside, also covered with paper, I added a greeting and a flower basket. All elements from the Autumn collection.

Dee: I've made a magic card for this weeks challenge. Well I call it a magic card, I'm not sure what the real name for it is. I've used the new cd Sundae of Seasons, Nestibilities dies, gold ProMarker, Stickles and a Martha Stewart punch, all of which can be found on the Polka Doodle Website. The front of the card:
The inside:
And the hidden element. The yellow name plates are there just waiting to have a special message written on them for the recipient. You would need to put a little note in with the card explaining how to open up the middle though or they might miss it, lol.
Lisa - I found a template that I love for a gable box that is so easy to make and I've decided to showcase the winter section from the new Sundae for Seasons CD. The box is made from one of the ditsy swirl background papers from the CD and the mug and holly leaves are from the winter section. This cute little box is just waiting to carry a nice sweet package of hot chocolate to a dear friend this holiday season!


Good luck in entering the challenge - please remember the rules (no more than 10 challenges and to follow the brief) - you have until Sunday 3 October at 12noon GMT to link up your creation!

*****

7 comments:

  1. Really love what the Dt have done with this challenge has really inspired me to have a go x

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH!!! Thank you so much for picking my card for 1st place. 8-)
    The email link to Nikky doesn't seem to be working so I don't know where to email.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi linda and well done. You can contact Nikky at sales@polkadoodles.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you....I have emailed Nikky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All DT creations are extremely fab! Thanks for a great challenge, but InLinkz has been given me trouble, so I linked up the image but now there’s no thumbnail… Thanks anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ordered the Sundae CD-rom today from Create & Craft - hope it comes in time for me to enter, can't wait! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats lucky ladies
    dt your cards for the next challenge are so gorgeous, hope to join you
    hugs angelique

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!