Friday 7 June 2013

Week 23 - Birthday Card Using Scraps

 Welcome to another challenge at Polka Doodles!

But before we go onto this week's challenge we need to announce the top three from Week 21 Challenge which was To Die For.  Some really fabulous creations were entered but there can only be three lucky winners and they are:

1st Place - Carla Prediger - you win a Cherryblossom Lane CD- please use the code PD1W2321 to claim your prize
2nd Place - Michaela - please take your blinkie from the sidebar
3rd Place - Dewi - please take your blinkie from the sidebar


Congratulations to you all. Carla please email Nikky and don't forget to quote your winner's code - we cannot release prizes without it!  Blinkies are in the sidebar for you to grab.

We have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blog:

1.  Please follow the challenge theme!
2.  Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polkadoodles
3.  Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the linky tool - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry
4.  And please, no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting
5.  If you have word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning off word verification especially as the comment moderation has a spam section.

 

Now for our challenge for this week and the theme is to create:
A Birthday Card Using Scraps

Please don't forget our rules and good luck - the challenge ends on Sunday 16 June at 12noon GMT! Don't forget to also check out our fantastic tutorial this week, courtesy of Karon - it's fabulous! You can see it below this post!...


Asha - This truly is a fun challenge. I made a birthday card and used up all those scrap pieces of patterned papers from the Fredericka mini CD collection. I stitched these bits together to make a background.  Also from the CD collection is this sweet little lady called Tilly and she comes uncoloured and pre-coloured. I worked on Tilly with alcohol markers and adhered a ticket tag, also from the same CD.  


Karon - Hi everyone.  This week Nikky challenged us to use our scraps.  So I decided to make a small gift set of 6 cards.  All the patterned papers are from the Double Sprinkle of Kraft CD collection.  The flowers are from the Studio 12 CD - Picknix Collection 1.  I cut the flowers in two different sizes and then layered them up.  The sentiments are from the Cherryblossom Lane CD. The first photo shows the cards I made, they are 3" by 3" and the second shows a gift box, which holds the six cards and envelopes.  It's my turn to share a tutorial this week, so I will show you how to make this gift box, so stay tuned.



Sally - Hi Everyone - Well this week's challenge is easy, I have so much scrap paper and card, I was bound to find something to use!  I think the papers come from Double Sprinkle Of Kraft CD and the sentiment tag also.  I had an odd shaped card which adhered the background paper to and went around the edges with my pan pastels. I matted and layered the other paper to blue scrap cardstock and wrapped a piece of hessian ribbon around it, adhered the sentiment and added a blue flower and button.


Alethea -  Wow, what a great challenge!!! Now I didn't have any Polka Doodle paper scraps because I always print off the size that I need  but I loved creating this card with some of my scraps... (I have a lot) So you know that the papers are scraps, the image is pre-coloured and is Molly from the Fredericka mini CD collection. The flowers and dragonflies are also pre-coloured and are from the Sundae of Seasons CD rom. To finish off the card I added some Dew Drops and a bit of kindyglitz.


Miria For my card I used some of the great amount of paper scraps I have after almost three years of Polka doodles team :) and I gave a go to bargello technique. The sentiment is from Candy Doodles Collectors edition, I just added some washi tape and buttons.


Fliss - I really enjoyed this challenge as I always try to use up my scraps in some way and for my card chose a patchwork using scraps just 3cm square. I covered a square of scrap card with double sided tape and stuck the squares to this, trimming the edges to neaten them up when they were all stuck on. I used the gorgeous Molly gypsy image from the Fredericka CD, cutting her out and adding her to an embossed kraft card tag. I finished off with a sentiment from the CD, inking the edges orange to tone in with the papers.


Fabulous inspiration I'm sure you'll agree! Good luck!

..................................................................

8 comments:

  1. wow, thank you so much for picking me as one of your winners. I am totally over the moon. You have made my day!
    Congrats to Carla and Dewi. And also massive thank you for all your inspirational creations every week. You rock!
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. All are so beautiful and well done to the winners x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for a great challenge and fab DT inspiration hugs Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love all of the ideas for using scrap pieces of DP! :) Thanks for the fun challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so pleased by being one of the winners. Thanks so much an congrats to the other winnwers too.
    I'm out of town but tonight when I get home I will claim the prize. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great inspiration from the DT againt his week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello girls. I emailed Nikky about being the winner but haven't heard from her so far. Is there something else I should do?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Still no answer about the prize.

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!